We exist to awaken this generation to new life in Jesus Christ.
We’re so glad you’re here! If you’re new to Awakening, we would love to get to know you and for you to get to know us! The best way to do that is by filling out a Connection Card.
Awakening turns 11
Join us for our 11th Birthday Celebration centered on the “House of Mercy” from John 5. For we have not only experienced God’s mercies, but are commissioned to be an extension of his mercies into a world so desperate for them. We gather and celebrate once again, reminding ourselves that Awakening is His house and not ours, with more building to do in His name.
Our birthday will be on September 10th with one service at 10am and a party in kids ministry (babies-5th grade). After service we will celebrate baptisms together, enjoy a meal, and engage in all the birthday fun! There will be fun kids activities during the party including bounce houses, face painting and more!
Click below to purchase your discounted meal ticket before 9/8! This discounted rate is only available if you purchase your ticket(s) in advance. Food vendor rates will apply on the day of the event.
Ministry Highlight | Worship & Production
Worship at Awakening exists to meet people where they are and get them to the presence of God. The production team allows the gospel message shared each week to be heard from the stage, or at home, and exists to help shape the worship experience to be barrier free and accessible to the Church. The production team controls sound, lighting, displays, and streams the services online every week. Click the button below for more information on getting involved!
Wednesday, September 6th from 7-8:30pm
We will be having a Leadership advance on 9/6 in the Del Mar Theater! This is an opportunity for anyone who calls Awakening “home” to join us and hear from our Lead Pastor, Ryan Ingram, who will be just coming off of sabbatical. Ryan will be sharing from his heart where God is leading Awakening this Fall, along with some key updates on how God has been moving throughout the summer.
This will simply be a time to hear from Ryan with no food or team breakouts. We ask that all parents coordinate their own childcare to enable all kids leaders to attend (childcare will not be provided at this Leadership Advance).
Behind the connection cart you will find a hub for people who are new to Awakening. This is a space we encourage you to point new people as well as your own guests to. At the white balloons there will be treats & gifts, staff members & connection team members excited to welcome and get to know those who are new to our community!
Serve With Us
Interested in taking a next step in your leadership at Awakening? We are currently praying for and in search of some new midweek group leaders as we resume groups this fall. If you have been a part of an Awakening group in the past and would like to foster community and serve in this capacity, please click the button below for more information or email our Discipleship Pastor at [email protected]!
Connect Track | Step 2 & 3 Hybrid
Awakening’s Connect Track is your pathway to community! Step 2: Our Intro classes are where we get to share more about our story and hear yours. This course gives you the opportunity to start serving with us by joining a ministry. Step 3: Start Up is the final step to get involved at Awakening and get plugged into a midweek group.
On September 17th & 24th at 1pm in the Teachers Lounge (to the right of the Library) we will be having a HYBRID of these 2 steps over the duration of a 2-week class. Early childcare will also be offered (birth – 5th grade)!
*Registration required for childcare.
Calling all College Students
We want to hang out with you! Here are some ways you can get plugged into our the College Ministry:
1. Donuts & Drive | As the SJSU semester begins, we will have rides from campus to Awakening and donuts to eat on the way! We will be there to meet you at the Olympic Statues at 10:45am.
2. College Kickback | Come hang out with us between services in the quad.
3. Join us every Sunday after church at 1pm to hang out and enjoy some Teaspoon in the Pruneyard!
4. Want to stay updated on all we have planned for college students? Join the Awakening College Groupme below!
Gospel Training 101 for College Students
As Jesus’ followers we are given the encouragement to “GO out and make disciples.” But it can be really intimidating to know how to share the gospel with our friends and family in a way that isn’t awkward, right? In this short training seminar, Carolyn Rosales (Cru Team Leader for Silicon Valley), will be teaching us how to share the Good News of Jesus in a clear and concise way through intentional 1:1 interactions.
*Lunch provided, 1pm at the Awakening Offices on 9/17
Food Pantry | Every 1st & 3rd Thursday
As a church, we have a partnership with CityTeam and Del Mar High School to bring a mobile food pantry to our community in San Jose! This happens every 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month from 3pm-5pm. We encourage you to sign up today as we are always in need of more volunteers!
A Note from Dave
We’re so grateful for the variety of voices that challenged us this summer, now eager to hear from our Lead Pastor this Sunday!
As Ryan is coming back from his scheduled sabbatical, his absence has been a reminder of several key foundations in church leadership:
- James states, “Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly” (James 3:1). It is a reminder that there is a unique weight a lead pastor and teacher carries. The need for concentrated time to retreat, rest and reset is essential.
- Following Peter’s confession of faith, Jesus says, “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church…” (Matthew 16:18). Jesus builds his church through us, we don’t build our church through him. The healthy discipline of a pastor stepping away for a season grounds him or her with the reminder that this isn’t their church, but God’s, and he will sustain it.
- Paul tells us in Ephesians 4, “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up…” (11-12). As God arranges his leadership structures with a purposeful blend of unique giftings to help his church flourish, the pause in Ryan’s gift in visionary, apostolic leadership and teaching has been felt. We are thankful for God sustaining us through summer, and yet we are eager for Ryan’s return.
Awakening, as we welcome back Ryan this Sunday, and then hear from him at our Leadership Advance next Wednesday evening, may we welcome him back with love and gratitude, as he has surly been missed.
Serving with you,
Awakening Service Times:
9:30am & 11:15am at Del Mar High School
Awakening College & Young Adults Ministry:
Sunday Hang | in between services in the Quad & 1pm at Teaspoon in the Pruneyard
Awakening Youth Ministry:
Junior High | 11:15AM in the Library
High School | 11:15AM in Service (front right section)
Awakening Kids Ministry:
Newborn-5th Grade | Both services (9:30AM & 11:15AM)
8/21/23 – 8/27/23
Budgeted | $45,548
Received | $36,727
7/1/23 – Fiscal YTD
Budgeted | $377,397
Received | $274,540
or text the amount to “84321”