Why am I here? Does my life matter? What am I here for?
The past year-plus for many has shaken the very foundation of those questions. For some, you feel like your purpose has been put on pause or that purpose has been lost altogether. Maybe you feel purposeless, lost, wandering through life. What is your purpose? Can you really live a life full of purpose? Join us for our 5-part series PURPOSE FULL: you were made for this.
How do you navigate disagreements as a follower of Jesus?
Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, “Let us go back and visit the believers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing.” Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus, but Paul chose Silas and left, commended by the believers to the grace of the Lord. He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.
3 OBSERVATIONS ABOUT CONFLICT:
- Conflict is UNAVOIDABLE.
- Conflict is DIFFICULT.
- Conflict is an opportunity to GROW.
NAVIGATING DISAGREEMENTS WELL:
- Define the PROBLEM on your OWN.
- Examine your HEART & PART. [Matthew 7:3-5]
- Move from THINKING about them to PRAYING for them. [Matthew 5:43-45]
- Give a GENEROUS explanation for their BEHAVIOR. [Philippians 4:8]
- If necessary seek WISE COUNSEL. [Proverbs 15:22]
- Set up a time to TALK; don’t put it OFF.
- Face to FACE [Matthew 5:23-24]
- Sooner than LATER [Ephesians 4:26]
- Address the PROBLEM, don’t attack the PERSON.
- Be Specific: Focus on ONE issue, not MANY issues.
- Language Matters: Speak the TRUTH in LOVE [Ephesians 4:14-16]
- Seek a RESOLUTION and extend FORGIVENESS. [Colossians 3:12-14]
- If stuck seek OUTSIDE help. [Matthew 18:15-17]