There is a spiritual realm that is as real as the air we breathe and as powerful as the wind we feel on our skin.
THE INVISIBLE REALITY:
Everything is always preceded by something .
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- We are in a spiritual .
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- We have a very real .
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8
Who is Satan?
- A cherub angel [Ezekiel 28:14, Matthew 25:41, Revelation 12:7]
- Highest of all created beings [Ezekiel 28:14, Jude 9]
Where did Satan come from?
- Created perfect [Ezekiel 28:12-13]
- Guardian of God’s glory [Ezekiel 28]
- Occasion of his sin = power and beauty [Ezekiel 28]
- Nature of his sin = pride [1 Timothy 3:6, Isaiah 14:13]
- Rebelled against God = 1/3 of the angels followed [Revelation 12:4]
- What are Satan’s tactics?
- Satan: adversary [Zechariah 3:1; Matthew 4:10]
- Devil: slanderer [Matthew 4:1; Ephesians 4:27]
- Evil One: refers to his essential character [John 17:15]
- The Tempter: from the very beginning [Matthew 4:3]
- The Accuser: specific attack on believers [Revelation 12:10]
- Ruler of this World [John 12:31]
- Representations include:
- Serpent [Genesis 3; 2 Corinthians 11:3]
- Dragon [Revelation 12:3]
- Morning Star or Lucifer [Isaiah 14; Revelation 9:1]
- Masquerades as an angle of light [2 Corinthians 11:14]
- In Christ, we do not fight victory but victory.
You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 [NASB]
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:4-5 [NLT]
They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony Revelation 12:11 [NIV]“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power…”
The Invisible War by Chip Ingram
Victory in Spiritual Warfare by Tony Evans
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Handbook to Prayer by Kenneth Boa
Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore