What if God is really for you?
We tend to think that if there is a God, he must be distant or aloof — or maybe he’s just waiting for us to screw up. The staggering good news for our weary world is that God is FOR all people. He loves you with a relentless passion; He is your biggest advocate – no matter who you are or what you’ve done. The invitation of Jesus is not just for some people or the “right” people, it is for every single person.
Jesus, the God-man came for you, suffered at the hands of His creation for you, rose to life for you to have new life. God is for you. And he longs for every single person to step into a new life in Jesus. Join us for this series as we look at the God who is for all people and learn how we can be a church for all people.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
The Gospel is GOOD NEWS for all people, not just some people.
And so, we are to GO SHARE it with all people.
ON THAT DAY
The Gospel is good news for SAMARITAN people. [Acts 8:4-25]
Understanding the deep hatred between the Jews & Samaritans:
- Assyria conquers the Northern Kingdom, Israel, whose capital city is Samaria. [722BC]
- Samaritans stand in opposition to the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem. [519BC]
- The Samaritans built their own temple on Mount Gerizim. [5th century BC]
- Samaritans joined the Seleucid Empire in fighting against the Jewish independence movement, the Maccabean revolt. [167-160BC]
- Jewish high priest and national leader, John Hyrcanus destroys the temple at Mt. Gerizim and the capital city Samaria. [112BC]
The Gospel is good news for ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH people. [Acts 8:26-40]
The Ethiopian Eunuch:
- Politically POWERFUL
- Positionally INFLUENTIAL
- Independently WEALTHY
- Highly EDUCATED
2 QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- What if the DISRUPTION in your life, is a divine REDIRECTION for your life?
- Who is someone you see CONSISTENTLY, God is asking you to love INTENTIONALLY?