During this series, we’ve been asking: “How do I end up with more of what matters most?” Prioritize your life around the kingdom of God, reversing the order of our current culture. What specific next step is God calling you to take?
HOW DO I END UP WITH MORE OF WHAT MATTERS MOST?
Silicon Valley Formula:
- SUCCESS at any cost.
- BUSYNESS as a badge of honor.
- FINANCIAL security the goal.
What it produces:
- “SUCCESS” at the expense of SIGNIFICANCE
- OVERWORKED yet under FULFILLED
- more MONEY but less PEACE
Jesus’ “New” Formula:
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Jesus
Give God your FIRST and BEST and He will provide the REST.
PRIORITIZE: Reverse the ORDER
Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. Proverbs 23:4-5
Normative: First & Best:
Consume what I make Give to God First
Save if I can. Save/Invest Second
Give if there’s any left. Live on the Rest
What we are CONSUMED with, we will ultimately be CONSUMED by.
ORGANIZE: Make a PLAN.
Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations. Proverbs 27:23-24
- Summarize present SITUATION.
- Set specific financial GOALS.
- Track your MONEY.
SYSTEMATIZE: Spend LESS than you MAKE
Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. Proverbs 13:11
Embrace the KISS Principle:
Keep it SIMPLE.
Keep it SUSTAINABLE.
Systems require DISCIPLINE:
Discipline is doing what NEEDS to be done, when it NEEDS to be done regardless of how you FEEL about it.
- Is your standard of living actually hurting your quality of life?
- Do you find yourself spending or investing your life?
- Which concerns you more: How much money you have or how much of you God has?
- What specific steps do you need to take to give God your first and best?
The Genius of Generosity by Chip Ingram
Master Your Money by Ron Blue
The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
www.mint.com Free Online Budget Management