The Protégé Experience is a nine month immersion in leadership development for those who are devoted to investing in the lives of others, and committed to integrating their talents, abilities, and character into living a Christ-centered and missional life.
Protégé offers a platform of learning to the younger leader (women and men) who recognizes the value of ongoing personal and ministry development, the kingdom-minded person who desires to grow not only in their abilities and gifting, but longs for internal character-transformation. It is from this core relationship between stewarding talents and forming character that healthy leadership, healthy relationships, and healthy living flows.
Transforming Your Potential
Protégé is about transformation from the inside out. It is for leaders who long to grow into their God-given potential and give their lives to serving others.
Nine Months of Leadership Training
During the course of 9 months (September through end of May), each protégé will receive personal and customized investment from seasoned leaders who are further into their walk with Jesus and more seasoned in leadership and ministry. In addition, protégés will commit to fulfilling a meaningful leadership role at Awakening Church by leading or significantly supporting a key area of ministry (i.e. kids, worship, setup and tear down, connection team, student ministry, etc.).
What’s It Like?
In a given month, protégés will experience a variety of mediums that foster learning:
- Bi-weekly learning group with other protégés that will follow a unique curriculum designed to catalyze growth and provide content that challenges and shapes significant foundations of thought, theology, character, and ministry practices
- Receive monthly mentoring from people within our community
- Participation in monthly interactions with remarkable ministry leaders who stand out in their unique vantage point and application of their gifts in their particular spheres of influence; this involves local as well as nation-wide leaders who interact with protégés in person and online
- Weekly reading and listening of selected material (books, articles, blogs, podcasts, videos, etc.)
- Unique self-assessments along with accompanying coaching and a determined roadmap for ongoing growth
- Opportunity to identify and utilize gifts, abilities, and talents in ministry (will include specific and personal feedback and input for development)
- Each protégé will be equipped with a customized growth plan for the months ahead upon completion of the program
- Every protégé will gain critical ministry experience through leading or significantly supporting a key ministry at Awakening
- Our two primary goals for a protege are: (1) to accelerate their growth in character, relationships and leadership, AND (2) to cultivate environments and relationships that foster genuine life-transformation specifically in 10 defined areas
- Each protege will be involved in leading a ministry or playing a significant role in the leadership of a ministry: could include musical worship, the arts, kids, youth, college, connection, cafe team, video/media, sound/tech, Missional Communities, service ministries, and more.
Cost and Application
We are currently accepting applications. Each protégé will pay $150 up front to cover a portion of the costs accrued, including an annual retreat; there will be some other minimal costs (food, a few books, etc.). It is a volunteer position. A protege can receive school credit for their internship or other related course.
Interested in this program? We’d love to hear from you. Apply using the link above or email us with any other specific questions you might have.