Part-Time Role: 15-20 Hours/week
The Kids Coordinator will work with and support the Kids Pastor by helping to oversee and execute the weekend kids ministry. The Kids Coordinator will also assist with church events that involve kids and their families, and help in other areas of kids ministry as needed.
- Provide a clean, organized, and safe environment for children. Set up and tear down kids ministry environments for Sunday services
- Serve in any capacity needed during Sunday services
- Prepare weekly curriculum for in person ministry and virtual ministry, including editing and emailing lessons, gathering supplies, and preparing classrooms for the weekend
- Administrative tasks including reporting weekly attendance numbers
- Attend weekly staff meetings and kids ministry staff meetings
- Communicate with parents by sending weekly informational emails
- Maintain databases with families’ information, including Mailchimp, Planning Center, and new families
- Continually recruit volunteers
- Assist with special events throughout the year
- Attend all kids leader meetings and trainings
We are looking for a team player with a mature faith, a creative and enthusiastic attitude, and prior experience in education and/or kids ministry. The candidate will need to have good communication skills as well as strong administrative, organizational, and time management skills. The ideal applicant will be a leader that relates well to both kids and adults and is able to bring life and excitement to Awakening Kids.
The Kids Coordinator would report directly to the Kids Pastor.
This is a part-time position and compensation will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and commensurate with the position in similar sized churches in the area.
Email your resume to [email protected]