Hours: 40 hours a week (full time)
Work Week: Sunday – Thursday
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Purpose Statement: To help families discover the heart of God together.
Our kids ministry has grown significantly in the last year, so much so that this next season will require a full time position at Awakening that will serve our families. This high level leadership position will serve all aspects of a dynamic ministry for children—birth through 5th Grade—and their parents. This includes connecting and equipping parents, volunteers, and the broader church community to participate in developing our children. They will lead the staff and volunteers who accomplish our Sunday morning kids program, as well as all the events, programs, and ministry for families at Awakening.
Our expectations for the person in this role involves execution on the following:
- Supervise and lead kids ministry staff and volunteer teams
- Casting vision, communicating that vision, and embodying the ministry’s vision.
- Recruit and equip teachers and high-quality volunteers; provide necessary investment.
- Develop connection points for families in and through our community.
- Lead a family ministry leadership team (of parents, staff, and other volunteers)
- Develop an effective connection process for new families
- Support church related missional opportunities and special events that are relevant to families
- Through the kids ministry staff, execute all weekly kids programs.
- Manage the kids and family ministry budget
- Oversee special events, including but not limited to: Intentional Parenting conference, Summer 2 Serve, Summer Park Parties, Baby Dedications, etc.
- Track growth and numbers for leaders, kids attendance, and develop sustainable programs.
- Contribute to the setup and teardown teams each Sunday morning, as Awakening currently rents their facility (Del Mar High School)
- Manage safety and security efforts
Qualities and Gift Mix
- Mature relationship with Jesus Christ
- High capacity leader and leader developer
- Great communicator (stage and interpersonal)
- Gifted administrator with organizational skills
- Passionate about families
- Adaptable as church grows/changes
- Self-starter and motivator
- Infectious, positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to instill confidence
- Ability to recruit new leaders
Other Important Details
- The responsibilities of this job description will be adjusted based on the candidate and his or her experience, abilities, and leadership capacity.
- Salary and benefits for this position will be discussed in the interview and hiring process, which also will be shaped according to the candidate’s experience, abilities, and leadership capacity.
If you would like to apply to this position, please email a cover letter, your résumé, and three professional references (Name, phone number, and email) to [email protected]