Interim Family Ministry Admin
Hours: 20 hours a week, January 2019-March 2019
Compensation: Dependant on experience
Reports to: Family Pastor
Summary: this role demands a detail oriented, administrative, self-starting, and hard-working individual who is skilled with technology. Due to the interim nature of the position, we also are seeking a quick learner!
- Implement efficient, clear, and consistent systems to organize, keep track of and manage logistics around kids, youth, leaders and families.
- Implement a safe environment and protocol on Sundays and at other family events so that our kids and their parents feel safe and valued.
Gifts, Strengths and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized, task-driven
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative
- Developer and implementer of new and existing systems
- Flexible to adapting to challenging situations; maintaining a good attitude
- Servant hearted and committed to the mission of Awakening
Weekly (15 hours):
- Attend weekly (Tuesday morning) kids meeting when needed
- Attend weekly (Tuesday morning) staff meeting
- Primary contact with new and existing leaders:
- Coordinate and keep track of taking new leaders through training pathway.
- Coordinate monthly scheduling of leaders for Sunday 1st & 2nd service
- Lead, train and schedule Kids Check in team.
- Keep track of new families:
- We use Kidcheck to capture new families.
- Follow up and take through new family process (welcome email, attendance report, Family Google Doc, Facebook etc.)
- Send and print out lessons from ministry leaders; buy and bring any needed craft, activity and snack supplies for Sunday
- Coordinate family and kid leader events
- Point of contact for setup team as pertains to Kids Spaces
- Support Early Childhood Director in organizing and coordinating babysitters for Mama’s Group ( every second Thursday)
- Fetch weekly mail & refill water dispenser when needed
Sundays: (5 hrs)
- Set up the check in table and ipads, greet families at the sign in table and beyond
- Point of contact for Astro Jump bounce house
- Distribute lessons and crafts for classrooms
- Maintain and organize supplies in kids’ classrooms
- After check in, “float” : look out for new families, keep kids areas supplied and functioning well, assist leaders in classroom when needed
- Count all kids in elementary classrooms, enter into Monday Report
- Set up check in for second service and greet
If you would like to apply to this position, please email a cover letter, your résumé, and three professional references (Name, phone number, and email) to [email protected]