I just wanted you to know that I am so deeply thankful that you stepped out on this adventure with us to launch Awakening Church. It is amazing to see how God is leading and providing for us on this journey to awaken this generation to new life in Jesus. As I look back on the last 4 months I can’t help but see how God has been so faithful to us and shown up in powerful ways.
Did you know that in December alone:
– Advent Conspiracy: We participated in our first ever Advent Conspiracy to build a well in Zimbabwe and had a goal to raise 15k. We thought we were crazy and yet God showed up and we as a community have raised nearly 20k.
– Coco & Cram: We were able to serve 300 freshman at Del Mar during a Coco & Cram event designed to help freshman prepare for finals. [This was the first time Del Mar reached out to us for help.]
– Guest Speaker: We had the privilege of having Chip Ingram [my dad] come and teach to our community and we were able to give away as a church a couple hundred copies of his book, The Genius of Generosity.
– Del Mar Christmas Lunch: On the Tuesday before school ended for the holiday season, we had the great privilege to cater a lunch for the teachers and faculty of Del Mar High. It was an awesome time. We were able to have a ton of great conversations with teachers and faculty and simply love them in a tangible way.
– Christmas Eve [Eve]: That night we had terrible weather and a 49ers game to compete with, and I was honestly wondering if anyone would show up. And yet God brought a ton of new people to Awakening at each service. I was humbled as some of my friends came who have never been to church attended our Christmas Eve [eve] service and they loved their time at our church.
– New Staff: We brought on Tony Cruz part time to lead house churches and build structures to help new people get connected and develop leaders, which we desperately need. He and his family will be a great addition to our church and I’m so excited to get to do ministry with them again!
It has been a full but great month for us Awakening. As we begin this new year, I hope that you will sit back and reflect on all that God is doing in and through us as a community and let your heart be encouraged and get recharged for the season ahead as we move forward trusting God in awakening this city to new life in Jesus Christ.
The verse that God put on my heart for this New Year is a familiar one but one in which I believe is to be the anchor for us as a community.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Until this generation is reached,
[happy new year!]