Hours: Various Thursday mornings 9:15am-11:45am and events throughout the year
Childcare workers will be responsible for caring for children (babies-5th grade) using Awakening Kids ministry guidelines and protocol while their parents attend various church functions. Childcare Workers report to the Family Pastor.
We are looking for a team player with a mature faith, a creative and enthusiastic attitude, and prior experience in education and/or kids ministry. The candidate will need to have a love for children, understand the principles of child development, be physically able to care for their basic needs, and be informed about what to do in an emergency situation. Childcare workers do not need to attend Awakening Church, but do need to have a relationship with Jesus and a willingness to follow the vision of Awakening Kids.
- Ensure that children are safe using Awakening Kids ministry policies and procedures and that their needs are met – this may include diapering and feeding
- Engage in positive interaction with children
- Ensure children are kept active, entertained, and engaged in developmental activities
- Effectively discipline children who are misbehaving using Awakening Kids ministry guidelines, policies and procedures
- Model and encourage good social skills, e.g. strong communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Assist with clean up of childcare environment
The Childcare Worker would report directly to the Family Pastor.
This is a part-time position and compensation will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and commensurate with the position in similar sized churches in the area.