Since our mission is to awaken this generation to new life in Christ, kids are a big deal to us. We’re hiring a Children’s Pastor to help families discover the heart of God together. If you know anyone who would be a great fit for our community, please let us know!
Questions? Contact Steve Saccone.
Children’s Pastor Job Description
Purpose Statement: To help families discover the heart of God together.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Responsible for all aspects of a dynamic ministry for children—birth through 5th Grade—and their parents. This includes connecting and equipping parents, volunteers, and the broader church community to participate in developing our children spiritually, emotionally, and holistically as it aligns with the Gospel. We are looking for a leader who is focused on both children as well as the family as a whole, a leader who can equip parents to be the primary spiritual leaders in their children’s lives, a leader who is missionally-minded and servant-hearted in all they do, a leader ready to step into a significant leadership role in a newer but growing church focused on reaching the next generation.
Our primary hope is that this person would partner with parents to develop spiritually and emotionally mature kids who discover the heart of God and who actively extend His Kingdom.
Our expectations for the person in this role involves execution on the following:
• Casting vision, communicating that vision, and embodying the ministry’s vision
• Recruit and equip teachers and high-quality volunteers; provide necessary relational investment and training
• Develop connection points for families in and through our community
• Lead a children’s ministry leadership team (of parents and other volunteers)
• Develop an effective connection process for new families
• Support church related missional opportunities and special events that are relevant to families and kids
• Contribute to the setup and teardown teams each Sunday morning, as Awakening currently rents their facility (Del Mar High School)
• Manage safety and security efforts, as well as manage a budget for family ministry
Qualities and Gift Mix
This position will be best served by a person mature in their relationship with Jesus Christ with experience that demonstrates leadership, communication, and adequate organizational skills. To fulfill the role, this person must be passionate and perceptive about families and kids. They need to be able to adapt their approach to maintain effectiveness as the church grows. Self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and a pastoral heart towards families and children are expected. They also need to have the ability to build enthusiasm and confidence, as well as recruit needed volunteers and a key leadership team.
Other Important Details
• The responsibilities of this job description will be adjusted based on the candidate and his or her experience, abilities, and leadership capacity.
• Salary and benefits for this position will be discussed in the interview and hiring process, which also will be shaped according to the candidate’s experience, abilities, and leadership capacity.