Join Awakening at a retreat that actually feels like a retreat.
Every year, Awakening escapes to the ocean, where we play, rest, and experience God afresh. As we withdraw from the daily distractions around us, and center our hearts and minds on God, we open ourselves to learning from some of the best communicators around.
Don’t miss this incredible weekend full of rest, fun and enlightenment!
WHAT DO WE DO AT RETREAT?
- Retreat is designed to be a refreshing weekend that recharges you both spiritually and relationally. There’s worship, a speaker, and some time for you and God; as well as time to surf, play sports, ride bikes, drink coffee, or just lounge on the beach or at the pool.
- Daytime activities include beach volleyball, basketball, ultimate frisbee— or you can just rest, enjoy nature, go for a bike ride, read, or take advantage of what the resort has to offer. Maybe the most appealing activity to you is an afternoon nap, and that’s ok too.
- After the night session many people like to take advantage of the large fire pit and the two different pools and Jacuzzis for a nighttime swim. You can do as much, or as little as you want. This is your time.
We’ll be blessed to hear from Phil and Diane Comer, who planted Westside Church in Portland, Oregon. They are also the founders of ” INTENTIONAL: Raising Passionate Jesus Followers” as a way of teaching and training the hundreds of young people in their church who were now just beginning to raise children of their own. They travel the globe teaching and preaching and we’re lucky to have them join us at retreat this year!
WHERE DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
- Seascape Resort is just outside of Aptos (1 Seascape Resort Drive, Aptos, CA 95003, about 40-45 min from Del Mar). Most people either drive over on their own or with a few friends. You will receive a parking pass when you check-in.
- Check-in is in the evening (or afternoon if you can get there early) on Friday, March 2nd, starting at 3:00pm. Check-out is in the morning on Sunday, March 4th by 11:00am. You can leave early, grab breakfast on your way, and join us at Del Mar for church at 9:30am!
ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS?
- If the price is the only thing holding you back, we want to do what we can to help you join us at retreat because it’s important to us that you come. We have a (limited) scholarship fund just for this reason! Please contact Naseem at [email protected] and we will see what we can do.
HOW DO ROOMS WORK? CAN I ROOM WITH MY FRIENDS?
- When you sign up, make a note of your preference and we’ll do our best to make that happen! We promise, you’ll meet some great new friends as well.
I’M MARRIED — HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- If your spouse is attending, you can share a room and sign up together. You will be rooming with another couple (4 people to a villa). If you’re married and your spouse is not attending, please register for a singles villa (6 people to a villa).
WHAT IF I HAVE KIDS?
- We will not have any childcare available; all our sessions and organized activities are designed for adults. But we hope this is an opportunity for you, not an obstacle—an invitation to experience God and community in a unique and personal way apart from your kids. To retreat is to withdraw from normal life into a private place of refuge in order to experience God’s presence and peace that brings rest and renewal. We hope you can accept this invitation to come away for a weekend; if you want to come and need help figuring out how to make it work with a family, please contact Naseem at [email protected] and we will do what we can to get you there.
- Some couples choose to bring their kids and these are some of the options we have seen people use during the sessions:
- They bring a baby sitter and pay them to be there and have them sleep on the couch downstairs
- Spouses switch off attending sessions while the other watches the kids
- Roommates who also have kids rotate watching all the kids so that the other couple can attend
HOW DO MEALS WORK?
- The cost does not include meals. This is a big way we keep cost down for the weekend and give you more options based on your financial status and food needs. Each villa has a full kitchen that can be used to make meals. Many people bring food with them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner—some villas even shop, plan, and make meals together—while others eat out at favorite restaurants in the area. It’s up to you! But this way you can spend as little or as much as you like (or can) on food and get exactly what you like.
What are the Rooms like?
Each two-bedroom villa has a full kitchen, fireplace, and patio. There are 2 master suites upstairs and a pull out bed in the living room downstairs.
What is the Cost?
College Rate: $115 (Deposit $55)
Regular Registration: Jan. 1st – Feb. 15th
Single: $160 (Deposit $80)
Married: $350 (Deposit $175)
Late Registration: Feb. 16th – Feb. 28th